By Linda Jones (www.wirejewellery.co.uk)
Materials: 0.5mm black cotton cord, 0.8mm silver-plated wire, 6 x heart shell beads, 2 jump rings, 2 fish hook earring wires.
Tools: Round and chain nosed pliers, wire cutters.
(materials can be found here)
- Connect the jump rings onto the earring wires.
- Cut a 7” length of 0.5mm black cord for each earring and thread through the jump rings. Tie the centre of the cords together and pull the knot up towards the jump ring.
- Follow step 8 of the Necklace project – threading all 6 of the shell heart beads with 0.8mm wire to create a flattened spiral headpin at one end and a link at the other.
- Connect and suspend one of the shell beads directly into the suspension link of the earring wires. Repeat for the second earring.
- Attach the further 2 shell heart beads onto the cords by threading and knotting at varying lengths. Use your scissors to shorten one of the cords to the length you desire.